Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Aunt Daye's Fall Adventures

Webster’s Dictionary defines “Aunt” as the “sister of one’s father or mother, or the wife of one’s uncle.” But you and I all know that an Aunt is oh so much more than that!


My own Aunts are some of my favorite people in the whole world, especially my mom’s sisters. They are the ones who I spent spring breaks and summer vacations with as a child. They are the ones who wrestled with my brothers at Thanksgiving right up to the year that they almost couldn’t take them and then pronounced it the end of the wrestling matches. They are the ones who don’t bat an eye at taking 10 kids to the beach and actually get in the water and play with them. Needless to say, my aunts made a pretty big impression on me about what an aunt should be like.






When Austin & Bayley were born, it became my goal to be the best Aunt ever! I am not quite sure that I live up to that, and my mom’s sister, Aunt Jane, gives me a pretty good run for my money, but I do know that we do some pretty fun things when they’re with me. (Hopefully Veda will think the same thing when she gets a little bit older)





Austin & Bayley with their Easter Loot (I didn't have a more up to date pic at the time)



Somebody is gonna be a Daddy's Girl!

Bayley, the oldest, is now 8 (almost 9) and quite the sport model. She’s into anything outside. She loves to get dirty and play with animals (especially anything that she can “train”). I have created a little “John Wayne Junkie” and as to her clothing style, she’s quite the little hippie! But she’s also a tender hearted thing that hates for anyone to cry. And she absolutely loved playing with Veda when she was here! Austin, my favorite little man, is now in Kindergarten. Mom says that He’s one of those who can be so sweet one minute that you want to eat him up one minute, and the next so mean that you wish you had! He’s always up for an adventure, whether it be working cows, or cooking, or running a yard sale. And he absolutely adores his big sister! He has such a mechanical mind and can fix a lot of things that would surprise you! Veda isn’t big enough yet to know what she’s gonna be like, but I am sure that she will be just as fun when she gets a little older.



As a catch up post, I thought I would show you a few of the projects we have worked on since they moved back from the Far North and reclaimed most of my weekends! These last two projects have been the most fun by far... even if the jack-o-lanterns rotted before Halloween arrived!

A Saturday morning trip to buy Pumpkins... From FFA Members in Bell!


Cleaning out the pumpkins and deciding what to carve...


The finished products... on display... (yeah, they had help carving the designs... lots of Help!)



Thank you Grandpa for donating your clothes for our scarecrow! Definately couldn't have done it without you!
Pillowcase face with acrylic paint didn't they do a great job!

Ta-da! The finished product... after a trip to Walmart for some flowers!

On a final note... these were some of the most fun projects I've done with them yet! My cousins Beau and Caleb were around the night we carved pumpkins and Beau helped carve Bayley's spider while I carved Austin's owl... Caleb kept Austin entertained!

Daddy graciously provided clothes and hay for scarecrow which Austin and I sewed together, Mom found the pillowcase and gloves and Poppa donated the broken down hat! I think they all liked out scarecrow as much as we did since I am pretty sure that Daddy's told all the ladies at the bank about it!

Needless to say... we are working on figuring out what we are going to do for Christmas, but we'll be sure to let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the fall display! Y'all did so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you blogged!! Honey, with all that you do with the kids, I'm sure they consider you the best Aunt ever. Good blog! I'm like Carrie, I do love the display.

    ReplyDelete