Monday, April 29, 2013

Calling



You see those Mountains right there?  They're the Beartooth Mountains in Montana.  And I have a confession... for the last two years, they have been quietly calling my name.  At first, it was just a simple, "Come Back & Visit"  but as time has gone on, it's gotten louder and more insistent.  So much so that back in December, it felt like they were screaming "COME BACK NOW!!!"

The time has come to make a big announcement.  On July 7, 2013, I will be driving out of my driveway in Florida and starting a 2500 mile journey to the state of Montana.  This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but this isn't just another 3 week summer vacation.  Accompanying  me will be Lucy, and a vehicle full of all the things I think I'll need to survive for a year!   I have taken a leave of absence from school for the 2013-2014 school year.  This was such a hard decision, but after 10 years of encouraging my students to step outside of their own comfort zone, the time has come to take my own advice.

So, stay tuned... I hope I'll be sharing more about my move in the future!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. I look forward to hearing more about this move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it!!! Know that I will be praying for you daily as you make this big move. I just know God will bless it :)And I love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete