Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's that White Stuff??

I came in for lunch yesterday and was reminded that I was behind blogging (I've got so much help in that department... mom, uncle, cousin, friends...)  So, I thought I'd see what I haven't shared yet!  

 Everyone jokes that at home there's two seasons, hot and not quite as hot... well up here, there are definitely different seasons!  Arriving in summer, it really didn't feel much different than it did when I left Florida... with the exception of WAY less humidity!  It basically stayed that way until the first week of October when all of the sudden, long sleeves and jackets became necessary.  I think I've probably had 10-15 people ask me if I was cold enough yet, but honestly, it's just not the same.  In the fall, its down in the 30's at night and gets up in to the 50's during the day.  A few days, it hasn't. 

View from my office window

Morning Commute

First Snow!  I learned why you need Snow Brushes that day! 
 So far, nothing has really stuck longer than a couple of days, but I'm pretty sure something will eventually!  If I'm completely honest, I get kind of nervous about driving in it (read that CHICKEN.)  So, I have been staying at Jeannie's house a whole lot more.  (Every time they predict more than flurries... Except for the fact that the weather channel can't seem to get the forecast correct!)


 I did decide one day that I was going to be brave and just drive from the Hill to Columbus because it wasn't supposed to snow/stick that night and I woke up to this!  (it wasn't but about 1/2 an inch or a skiff as they call it out here)  We'll see how I do once it gets cold enough to stick around!


And of course, I couldn't leave you without a pic of my "ride-or-die"  partner in crime!  When I got home that day, the girls were sledding, so we headed out to play with them.  I loaded Lucy up on the sled with me and headed down the hill... she jumped off the front and I had to do a sideways flip almost to keep from running over her!  (Thank goodness there are no pictures to share of that!)  

It's supposed to snow again in the morning... or all day... who knows!  Either way, I'm not frozen yet... and still enjoying a change of scenery!  

Until Next Time... Have you ever driven in snow?  

No comments:

Post a Comment