Saturday, February 21, 2009


I have to say... my absolute favorite time of the week is Saturday morning when I can sleep until... 8:30ish... and then get up and piddle around my house the rest of the day. However, for the last month, I have been deprived of this soothing and restful routine. This morning, as I awoke to the sun streaming through a crack in the curtains in the bedroom, I stretched like a cat and laid there for a moment thinking about what a crazy month it's been. And since I haven't blogged lately, I thought I would catch you all up on what I had been doing with my Saturdays for the last month... so... here goes....

January 24th... left house at 7:30 am to take students to a Leadership Conference in Gainesville which lasted until 3:00pm... Then, turned around, came home and changed clothes and headed back to G-ville to attend a birthday dinner for a former student who called and asked me to go.

January 31st... toured strawberry fields in Plant City. Absolutely loved the trip, but when I went back to work on Monday feeling like I had ran a marathon all weekend... (and ya'll know I don't run because I fear black eyes)... I can say that I learned a whole lot about strawberries and now understand a little better the obsession that PC people have with that tasty fruit!

February 7th... Left at around 6:30 am for the first weekend of the state fair. After a stressfree drive down with 4 giggleing girls in the back seat, We competed in the Horse Judging Contest. When we loaded up and I asked them how they thought they did... I got mixed reviews... fortunately, on Monday I got great news... or bad if you consider the fact that I'm gonna have to give up another Saturday when they go to state.... (I'll tate it any day)

February 14th. Well, what can I say... probably my least favorite day of the entire year.... At 5am when I went to pull out of my yard, I backed into my mother's car... (she was staying at my house with me and the kids because I was leaving so early)... As I ranted to myself... alternating at frustration with her for parking behind me and myself for not looking... other things started going wrong with my car... the radio went out... the gauges started going crazy... the lights got dimmer and dimmer... Needless to say, I tried as hard as I could to make it to CHS without ending up on the side of the road. When I got there and turned it off, I tried to start it again only to find that it was dead. Thank goodness we were driving a van to Tampa instead of my car!

We loaded up and headed out... making sure that whe had Reebz's "new lucky clipboard" and the corn (which they forgot to rub)... Everything seemed to go okay until we got to the contest. From the point we got to the contest, things started going downhill again. We bombed a class that should have been easy (I take the blame for that one)... and then started the judging part of the contest about 30 to 45 minutes late. 3 hours later, they finished judging cows and started giving reasons... which took 2 hours... By this time, we are about two hours behind our scheduled departure time.

When we finally arrived back at the school... approximately 8:45-9:00... Daddy was putting a new battery into my car hoping that it would fix the problem. No such luck... the alternator had gone out... which meant more money and more time to get fixed. Needless to say... I haven't had such a bad day in a long time...

So, today as I enjoy the fact that I don't have to be anywhere at any time... I'm gonna thank my Maker that I don't often have bad days like that!

Otherwise, I'm gonna relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment