Friday, December 11, 2009

They Ain't Right!

One of my favorite comedians has always been Bill Cosby. Not only is he one of the funniest people ever, most of his humor is something that the whole family can enjoy! One of the things I loved to watch of his was the show "Kids Say the Darndest Things" but these days, we've got all the entertainment we need in the back seat of the car.

Picture this... 4 hours in the car with Austin & Bayley. Here's just a few snippets of the conversation... (Most of the entertainment came from Austin)

Mom: "Why didn't you eat your hamburger?"
Austin: "Acause I don't like ham"
Mom: "well, it's not ham."
Austin: "well, I don't like burger either"

During a stop to get gas and change drivers... I looked in the back window and had to open the door to make sure I saw what I thought I saw... Austin in the back seat in his underwear...
Me: "Austin, did you take your pants off?"
Austin: "I got hot..."
Moments later...
Austin: (Answering the cell phone while I'm pumping gas and mom's paying) "Hey Aunt Jane, we're at the jas station... you know, getting gas.
And as I related this conversation to Mom...
"Aunt Daye, I know it's a GAS station" (very deliberately saying it right)


Austin " I can't wait to get to Aunt Jane's house, so I can sit in her "sazJING " chair and get a "sazje". (Note, for those who don't speak Austin-ese... this is a massage chair)

And Last but definately not least, after we announced that we were about 10 minutes from Aunt Jane's house and still on the interstate...

Austin: "Bayley, lets look for signs that say Aunt Jane's House, you look on your side and I'll look on mine!"

I'm sure that these are some of those "funnier if you were there" moments but at the end of a stressful week, I have to admit that towards the end, I was driving down I-75 laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes!

They just ain't right... but I sure do love-em!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment