Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week two... and still chugging along...

So, back to the February challenge... So far, so good! I must admit that on Friday, I had to let the lunch bunch judges weigh in on whether or not I had cheated... Ethan brought me lunch from McDonalds... which is border-line cheating. Kaylin determined that it was not a cheat since I didn't pay for it or go get it myself... (she's such an enabler!!) Bri just raised her eyebrows and shrugged...

Saturday however, on my day at the State Fair (notice, this is one of those occasions when I was allowed by the rules of the challenge to eat whatever, and wherever I wanted) I indulged myself in some serious fair food! Kyle and I split a cinnamon bun that was coated in icing, followed it up with a glass of Netterfield's lemonade (my favorite!) and a few of Clay's bbq pork rinds. Will purchased a yard of kettle corn and we worked on that as we browsed Cracker Country. Our last stop of the day was at the Pickle Barrel Sirloin tip booth where we enjoyed mashed potatoes, steak tips, mushrooms and a sweet tea. Talk about stuffed (I promise I skipped supper that night!)

And as to why we were at the state Fair... Our poultry teams (which I coach) competed in the practice contest (practice because it isn't the state contest) placed 2nd and 8th overall. The high school and middle school were all in the same stack, so if you seperated out the middle school by themselves, they placed 2nd out of all the middle school teams. The more exciting news is that the Sr. Dairy team claimed a state championship! I am so excited for those 4 girls because they have worked really hard over the past 6 years to get to that point!

On Monday, I was off work and headed into Gainesville to do a little shopping- grocery and other. I didn't even stop to eat while I was there. (This was huge, because my favorite place to eat is McAlister's and I drove right by it.) I made sure that when I bought groceries that afternoon that I bought enough lunchmeat for sandwiches during the week. (I miss calculated since we have almost eaten all the sandwich meat in two days)

Anyways... so far, so good... my pocketbook feels a little less drained!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo for the state champs! I'm glad the Middle School did so well, too. I hadn't heard about how they'd done (Somebody had probably mentioned it when I wasn't paying attention). That's great! I'm proud of you for sticking to it. And I'm super proud of you for passing on McAllisters. Though that has never been my favorite place to eat, I know that I would have to say a little prayer, shut my eyes, and hit the gas pedal when passing by the Ivy House. lol.

    ReplyDelete