Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Five-- Ladies Edition

TO MY MALE READERS:  (IF THERE ARE ANY)  THIS POST PROBABLY WON'T INTEREST YOU... ITS ALL ABOUT THINGS THAT GIRLS WOULD LIKE... OR USE... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!! 

I realize that this edition of the Friday Five is way overdue... so overdue in fact, that these pictures were all taken over a month ago!  (Oh Well, I've been busy!)  

In honor of the gift giving season, here's a few of my new favorite things... Montana approved!  

1.  Wool Socks-  If you're like me, your first thought of wool socks is ITCHY.  But seriously, these socks are amazing!  For some reason, they keep your feet dry and warm without being too bulky or uncomfortable.  These come from Costco (something Florida could use)  and Jeannie got me hooked on them.  I think I'm up to 3 packs of them now, all different colors so I can match them easily :) 


2.. Calypso Southern Peach Lemonade- Not really sure just how southern it is, but it tastes amazing!  The only place I've found it is the IGA in Laurel, but I get one every time I go to the grocery store.



3. Coconut Oil-  I've been hearing about coconut oil for a couple of years, but out here, its kind of an essential!  The lack of humidity this time of year is even more horrible.  (Great for hair, not so much so for skin :-( )  I've found that using coconut oil as a moisturizer is about the best thing for my skin.  Also works great as a shaving cream, but it will kill a razor blade-- but your skin will feel amazing!

4.  Dry Shampoo- My friend Christi B. explained just what it was to me a couple of years ago, and so every time I use it, I think of her.  Seriously though, I never understood how someone could go without washing your hair everyday until I got out here.  Thankfully, this lets me go an extra day without washing it, saves some stress on my hair and is the perfect amount of product to get my hair to hold curls from a curling iron!  This one has a little bit of a smell, but I've been pretty happy with the results.

5.  I don't have a picture for this one, but I do have a little bit of advice to impart- if you ever travel anywhere that it gets really cold, be sure to take your make-up inside with you. Maybe I'm the only one who leaves make-up in the car (I like to think its better lighting, but I'm sure its because I'm always running late)  but I learned a hard lesson a couple of weeks ago.  MASCARA WILL FREEZE IN THE TUBE!!  Yeah, you read that right.  My almost brand-new tube of mascara is worthless because when it freezes in the tube, the brush will break off in it!  Lesson learned... I think!

What are some of your latest favorite things?
K


No comments:

Post a Comment