Monday, July 8, 2013

A Tough Goodbye




I downloaded the new Gary Allan record on iTunes the other day, it's pretty good.   The first song is "Tough Goodbye" and I thought that was a very fitting description of my Sunday.  I spent my last couple of weeks in Florida staying in the guest room (AKA the room I grew up in)  at Mom & Dad's house.  The last two weeks were filled with packing (which I truly despise)  and getting in last minute visits with so many of my dear friends.  I wish I had taken pictures with all of the people who helped send me off in style, but I forgot.  ( What I won't forget is all the encouragement and love I felt from those who mean so much to me!) 



Friday afternoon, Rusty and Daddy strapped the turtle topper (Thanks Kalyn & Daniel) to the top of my car and loaded it as full as we could get it.  I drove it around the next day so I could get used to the feeling of driving my SUV with it attached.  Saturday night, mom and I packed the last of my stuff that I decided to take in the back of the car and I went to bed.  AND I COULDN'T SLEEP.  Sunday morning came bright and early and Lucy looked confused as we packed up her crate and didn't get far from the door (for fear of being left).  With the last of everything loaded in the car, I said the hardest goodbye I've ever said to my Momma & Daddy.  Daddy said a prayer and I got in the car and headed out of the drive way.  (To be completely honest, the thought of leaving them is the only thing that made me question my decision to go... and still brings tears to my eyes. ) (Girls, I'm reminded of our study of Ruth and the concept of "weeping forward") 

I met Rusty & Lisa in Perry where we attended worship services with our Friends Dan & Alicia Chaney before beginning the 12 hour drive to their house.   I did manage to snap a picture of the Alabama sign, but failed to get the Mississippi and Arkansas signs since it was very dark at that point in time.  




After trying to catch up on my sleep, I spent today playing with Veda and Tipton, making a visit to Atwoods to stock up on my favorite caramel candies, and repacking the car so I'm ready to head out early tomorrow morning.

So... until next time...





3 comments:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to read more!!
    Love you!!!
    ~Kalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginning of an epic trip! Stay safe and have fun, I'll be watching out for your updates. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! Praying with you, every step of the way. But you're right, its bittersweet. I just know God has great things in store for you in Montana!

    ReplyDelete